Thu 12 April 2018
1. News (5 min)
... to attend.
- Pure: 11 registrations in Pure are missing da…
1. News (5 min)
- Pure: 11 registrations in Pure are missing data or status in the system. It is very important, and it will benefit you and ITU, if you finish your registrations. You have to finish you registrations in order to get the BFI-points and in order for ITU to make the correct registrations.
2. PP Accounting for BIT (10 min.)
When looking at the department expectations in relation to the department gross performance (the sum of the expectations to the individuals of the group) Business IT has succeeded in 2017, since the total number of PP’s is greater than the expected gross performance.
Expected gross performance 2.101,08
Total PP produces: 2.263,04
JCG has three
1. We are behind in hiring people (we don’t have enough teachers). Soon we will have an opening (for new faculty).
2. Previous years (16 and 17) was extreme years due to the study progress reform (Fremdriftsreformen), which partly explain why we have over performed on teaching the last years.
Brit has approached me with a similar idea, so I expect this will be carried out (maybe after the summer).
3. Common vision and goals for BIT (35 min.)
Comments to JCG’s proposed questions to consider:
JCG: The latter or both.
- Both groups were asking for common visions – so maybe it is not fair to ask JCG to answer.
- If we are looking at the question regarding the goals, I think it is problematic since we cannot do this in 5 minutes at a department meeting.
- Maybe we should start another place by sharing funding experiences – and have us interacting. This process should not start by looking at numbers.
4. PURE - Best Practice in Research Registration (Peter Forsmann, 10 min.)
See Peter Forsmann’s slides.
Peter does not recommend that you import from a bibtex file. When importing from a bibtex file the data quality is too weak due to the lack of metadata. You must remember that the metadata is important to the reader. If you import from bibtex files, Peters urges you to fill in the metadata that is missing. Especially focus on the abstract, the open access file and on choosing the right template. Peter stresses, that as ITU faculty you are committed to disseminate the results of your research as widely as possible. You are always welcome to contact Peter if you need more details, have questions or need help in registering.
- I think many of us get the system, but there are some structural problems making it frustrating for us to use it. E.g. it is frustrating that we cannot update conference papers until after the conference.
Peter: It is
JCG: Having a group collection issues with this system is a good idea.
Peter: Always contact me if you have questions.